About Rawa Upma Recipe: A delicious south Indian breakfast dish made with semolina, vegetables and topped with some grated coconut
How to Make Rawa Upma
- 1.Boil water.
- 2.Slice onions and cut the chillies lengthwise.
- 3.Heat a deep pan with ghee. Add mustard, when crackling add the dals and sauté until golden.
- 4.Add onions, curry leaves, cashew nuts and green chillies. When the onions are translucent add semolina and sauté.
- 5.Add the boiling water and stir rapidly with the salt. When the moisture is absorbed, the upma is cooked.
- 6.Mix well and garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: Semolina, Water, Ghee, Mustard seeds, Black gram dal, Bengal gram dal, Onions, Green chillies, Cashew nuts, Curry leaves salt, Coriander leaves, Coconut